Darrell Rattray, Sales Representative, Dotted Line Real Estate Inc
I would highly reccommend the Real Estate services which Darrell provided in the sale of my property in Woodstock. Darrell's professional and quiet demeanour were a refreshing change as i have sold multiple properties with various agents in the GTA. Darrell's quality of listing photos beautifully displayed the features on my home, and the text associated with the listing were well thought out. I would definitely reccommed Darrell. He displayed a genuine desire to work hard and help me to get great results. My home sold in less than 7 days with $26,000 over list price.
HOW TO GET READY FOR RETIREMENT
For most people, retirement feels like a long way off. But, if you don’t start preparing as early as possible, you may find yourself in a place of financial insecurity when the time does come. To avoid this, consider implementing the following tips.
- Calculate your target savings. In general, it’s recommended that you save between 10 to 15 percent of your income for retirement. However, you can always use an online savings calculator to determine the amount you need to save for your specific needs and goals.
- Contribute to your employer’s retirement savings plan. Does your job offer a top up to your RRSP? Sign up and start saving as soon as they allow you to. It’s recommended to set up automatic paycheck deductions and, once the money is in your retirement fund, don’t touch it.
- Take advantage of employee benefits. Many employers offer matching which generally requires you contribute a certain percentage of each paycheck and your company will then contribute a matching amount with funds of their own. They might also offer health savings or flexible savings account. By contributing to these accounts, you reduce your amount of taxable income, allowing you to save more money.
- Pay off your debts. Start by paying off any high-interest credit card debt first. Then look at other debts, such as student loans and car payments, and make a plan for paying those off incrementally.
- Reduce daily spending. Although this feels like a no-brainer, spending your money thoughtfully now can make a big impact later. Seek out areas of your life where you can cut back and save.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are member’s of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.